In consideration of SA accepting my application to participate in a HPC Program ("Program"), I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
- "SA" for the purposes of this declaration means and includes Surfing Australia Inc and its directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
- Warning: Participating in any of the Hurley Surfing Australia HPC programs can be inherently dangerous. The programs include but are not limited to surfing, skate boarding (both on ramps and Streetboardz), strength and conditioning and at times the use of jet skis. I understand the nature and requirements of the program and acknowledge that serious accidents can and often do happen which may result in me being seriously injured or even killed. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in participating in the program.
- Physical Fitness: I must not participate in the Program if I have any injury, disability, medical or health condition that may increase the risk of me becoming injured unless I have told SA about it and they have authorised me to participate. I declare that I am medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Program and I will immediately notify SA of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept that SA will continue to rely on this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
- Instructions: I will at all times comply with the instructions and safety procedures of SA.
- Medical Treatment: If required, SA will arrange medical or hospital treatment (including ambulance transportation) for me. I authorise such actions being taken by SA and agree to meet all costs associated with such action.
- Release & Indemnity: My participation in the Program is entirely at my own risk and I agree to:
- release and forever discharge SA from all liability and Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my participation in the Program;
- indemnify and hold harmless SA to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person including but not only another participant in the Program arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the Program.
In this clause 6 “Claims” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising (including negligence, trespass to the person or for breach of implied terms in the sale of services under section 74 of the Trade Practices Act (1974) Cth and equivalent provisions contained in State sale of goods or fair trading legislation).
- Identity: Photographic and or visual images taken by SA of my participation in the Program may be used for general promotion of SA activities.
- Privacy: I understand that the information provided by me in this form is necessary for the operation of the Program. I acknowledge and agree that the information will only be used for the objects of SA and to provide me with information pertaining to the Program and SA activities. I understand that I will be able to access my information through SA upon request. If the information is not provided I might not be permitted to participate in the Program.
I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the above declaration including the warning, release and indemnity.
Code of Conduct
The Hurley Surfing Australia High Performance Centre has set down the following guidelines in relation to the code of behavior of its camp participants.
Serious breaches of behaviour will result in the Camp Coordinator immediately removing the offender from the camp and the offender being sent home. Any costs incurred by this action are the responsibility of the surfers/parents/guardians.
Please note that whilst the HPC has onsite chaperones in place, juniors at times will be required to attend the Osteria Restaurant (approximately 150 meters from the HPC) on their own.
The following list is considered a breach of the code of conduct:
(A junior is deemed to be less than 18 years of age)
- Juniors leaving camp accommodation without permission
- Juniors leaving training venue without permission
- Juniors leaving surf coaching sessions without permission
- Juniors in possession and / or under the influence of illegal drugs
- As per current Sports Federation guidelines
- Juniors consuming any alcoholic substance
- Juniors smoking cigarettes
- Juniors found engaged in sexual activities
- As per current State Laws
- Unsportsman like behaviour including physical or verbal abuse towards;
- Fellow camp participants
- Coaches / Officials
Parents / Guardians unsportsman like behaviour towards;
- Fellow camp members
- Coaches / Officials Coaches
In the case of junior surfers the executive would expect that the parents/guardians would take full responsibility for their actions / behaviour.
Required Conduct of a Camp Member:
- Go to bed at the designated hour – 9.30 pm.
- Respect yourself / fellow surfers / coaches / public
- Participate by the established conditions and rules.
- Never argue with the coach / official’s decision.
- Control your temper – no criticism by word or gesture.
- Be a good sport and encourage and support your fellow camp members.
- Cooperate with your coach and fellow participants.
- Be friendly to all participants and show respect for their skill level.
- Smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages or the taking of any non-prescribed drugs is strictly forbidden.
- Entering or remaining upon restricted licensed premises is strictly forbidden.